ROCK HILL, SC, November 13, 1998 - For Immediate Release
CRT Systems Designers
Point of View, a Document and
Image Processing Database Wizard rounds out the Spectrum Imaging
System product line. Now use Designers Point of View as a basis to create vertical
market, document processing applications.
CRT Systems Inc. today announces a new element of its Spectrum Imaging System family of
products. By using Designers Point of View Wizard, end-users and software developers can quickly deploy
a customized, industry specific version of the Spectrum Imaging System Software.
About Designers Point of View
- Allows Point of View to be easily customized. The basic structure and the names of the
data fields comprising the Access® Point of View Database Tables are easily modified
during the set up phase.
- Now Dealers and VARs can create new business opportunities by addressing the needs of
virtually any vertical market in minutes by designing templates for use with the Spectrum
Imaging System Software.
- Software developers can use Designers Point of View as a basis for new, industry
specific, vertical, image/document processing applications.
About Point of View
- Provides a three-level hierarchical database structure easily modified to enhance or
create new "Front-ends" for any Vertical Market.
- For example with "Judicial Point of
- Clients records
- Individual legal forms, contracts, closing statements, correspondence and images, etc.
- Example of Veterinary Vertical Package:
- Client Records
- Patient (Animal Records)
- Individual X-rays, Medical Records, Pictures, Ultrasound Videos.
- Example for Service Business Vertical.
- Customer Records
- Unit, i.e. Furnace, Dishwasher. Refrigerator
- Contracts, Trouble reports, Correspondence.
- Fully documented Visual Basic® Program Interface
- Access Spectrums Database Directly. An application program can easily access the
Point of View and Spectrum Tables.
- Uses Sheridans Active Tree View® Component for a very modern "Windows
- Four options are available for implementing specialized version of Point of View:
- Use Designer Point of View
- License Point of View Source Code, and implement your own interface
- Designer Point of View Source
- Judicial Point of View Source
- Source Code for other front end interface also available
- Contract with CRT Systems to implement YOUR design
- "Do it yourself" from scratch
About Document Processing
- During the past year, an enormous improvement in price/performance in Personal
Computers, RAM and Disk Storage has been realized. The need for real-time image and
document storage has always been present as shown by the existence of large corporate
systems costing one-hundred-thousand dollars or more.
- In todays business environment, virtually every company, no matter how small is
computerized. Every one of these businesses can benefit from affordable document and image
- Most generic document processing systems available today are just that, too generic. The
Spectrum and Point of View solutions are quite different and advantageous because the
desired "virtual folder" is identified through Point of Views intuitive user database and
interface. Because the "virtual folder" is identified in this manner, the requirement to perform exhaustive searches of
the data is eliminated, and access is virtually instantaneous.
- Since the Spectrum solution is immediately available, Software Developers, Dealers and
VARs can quickly develop new businesses by implementing unique and new vertical solutions.
About Spectrum Imaging System
- Spectrum is an Image, Document and Object-Processing Engine. The Spectrum engine
responds to requests from various "front-end" programs. These front-ends may be
very simple or full-fledged vertical application systems
- Spectrum was originally developed for use with CRT Systems V/BOSS Veterinary Medical
Application for easy Indexing, Storage, Viewing and Annotation of images such as
Radiology, MRI, ECG, Ultrasound, Digital Images and other associated objects creating a
"virtual patient folder" required for the typical medical practice. In addition, transmission
capabilities were implemented allowing Spectrum to be used as a Telemedicine Vehicle. Spectrum was subsequently
reengineered to be used with a wide array of application programs.
- Document Images may be stored as raw binary files such as TIFFs, or by using industry
standard software such as Text Bridge® the images may be converted via OCR to word
processing text files such as Microsoft Word® or WordPerfect®.
- Spectrum provides a "Database of
Objects" for a variety of front-end interface program
types, allowing third party software developers an extremely rapid development environment
for implementation of document and image processing capabilities.
- Applying the litmus test, Windows® applications that can call the Windows® Calculator,
will typically be interfaced in less than one hour.
C, C++, Visual Basic®, Database Applications such as Access®, COBOL as well as CRT Systems
"Point of View" development environment applications are quickly integrated
- When used with a compatible terminal emulation program, "Screen Scraping" techniques allow "legacy" mainframe and UNIX application to easily interface to Spectrum. Generally, NO changes are required to the
legacy application code.
- Spectrum associates a "Virtual
Folder" of objects to a primary key passed by a calling
application or Front-end. When created or acquired using Spectrum, automatic indexing,
naming storage and retrieval, is supported for these objects:
JPG, TIF, BMP, GIF, PDF and scores of additional digital image types; WAV and AVI
Multimedia Files; Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®; WordPerfect®; Macromedia
Director®; Internet URLs, as well as others.
- Spectrum is tightly integrated with the Internet:
Send and receive mail; Send Spectrum Objects as Email Attachments; FTP capabilities to
other Spectrum Sites.
- Spectrum provides an image viewer/desktop with Cut, Copy, Paste with other Windows
Applications; Zoom, Print, Send, Rotate, etc. capabilities. Annotations layers such as
Highlight, Arrows, Circle, Box, Stick Note, Voice may be applied to underlying digital
- Powerful annotations such as Voice, Stick Notes, Highlight, Lines, Circles, etc. greatly
enhance the objects.
- When integrated with a scanner and printer, or a Digital Copier such as the Xerox
Document Center®, the Spectrum family of products provides the System Integrator with all
of the tools and components necessary to deploy a competitive, full-featured document
processing system. Spectrum is hardware independent and network aware, therefore very
"scaleable" solutions are possible.
- Spectrum is sold to Application Developers, VARs, Office Product Dealers, Hardware OEMs
and Distributors. Specially priced "Not for Resale" Development CDs are
available by contacting us at our Web Site listed elsewhere in this press release. Limited
free support is included with the NFR CD.
- Typical end-user markets might be:
- Travel Agencies
- Personnel Departments
- Real Estate and Time Share Offices
- Hotels and Resorts
- Service Providers
- General Office Environments
- Medial Professionals
- Federal, State, County and Local Government
- Any end user of vertical applications
About CRT Systems, Inc.
- CRT Systems was founded in 1978 and incorporated in 1981. Prior to developing The
Spectrum Imaging System, the companys primary business was development, deployment
and nation-wide support of a turnkey Veterinary Business and Medial Vertical Application,
V/BOSS. CRT Systems has extensive experience and expertise in DOS, Xenix®, UNIX®,
Windows® and NT® Environments.
For more information about the Spectrum Imaging System and CRT Systems, Inc. please
visit http://www.spectrum.crtsys.com. For media accreditation contact Tony
Troskoski, CRT Systems, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or